Front Desk Associate / Medical Receptionist
Position open until filled
Pullman Vision Source, an independent optometry practice in the heart of downtown Pullman, is hiring a full-time Front Desk Associate!
We’re looking for a charismatic and dynamic individual who wants to make a difference in the lives of our patients and friends by helping them achieve the best vision possible. Our ideal candidate makes a great first impression—after all, they will be the face of our practice—and maintains a calm, sunny, and knowledgeable disposition in a fast-paced environment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must!
To apply for this job you must include a cover letter, resume and three professional references. The preferred method of applying is to email the required items directly to email@example.com. You can also apply on Indeed.com.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Providing exceptional patient care in person and over the phone by appointment scheduling, facilitating the check in and check out process, and being knowledgeable of office fees and policies
- Maintaining patient charts with up-to-date demographic information, sending and processing electronic paperwork
- Managing office flow and keeping the front office neat and tidy
- Verifying insurance eligibility and communicating benefits to patients when questions arise
- Monitoring faxes and our general email
- Assisting and supporting the doctors and other staff with administrative duties as necessary
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Extremely detail oriented
- Calm under pressure
- Works well with a team
- Tech-savvy; typing capabilities
- The ability work in a busy environment and communicate effectively
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work with minimal supervision and make independent decisions that align with the practice’s morals
- Ability to troubleshoot problems as they arise, providing solutions and/or escalating to the appropriate personnel when necessary
- Ability to learn quickly on the job and implement professional feedback
Health Care experience is preferred but not necessary.
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 per Proclamation 21-14.1. see https://www.doh.wa.gov/Portals/1/Documents/1600/coronavirus/505-160-VaccinationRequirementFAQs.pdf for more information.
This is an exciting role with potential for growth in other areas within the office should the candidate desire. Our current office schedule is Monday through Friday, with approximately 36+ hours a week. Current benefits include health insurance, in-house vision benefits, PTO, paid major holidays, and a plethora of paid continuing education opportunities.
Pay range from $16 – $21 per hour commensurate with experience.
We look forward to hearing from you!